Post by sanguinewolf on Nov 19, 2009 22:41:02 GMT 1
i been working on dong a 3d tardis i started out wanting to do the newer box (tennant incarnation) but have regressed back to the very first box, i plan on doing 2 versions one clean and crisp as per the original unaired pilot and one dirty worn version as per the aired one..
anyway enough of my yabbering heres some WIP pics - no texturing has been applied yet, so colors are basics to represent each area.
still have work to do on the door panel and lock and the lamp, so they are at the momment just workinginprogess
It almost looks like a real life model. If you want to make your model more exact, I suggest going to this thread and look at the reference pics and get a copy of Lespaceplie's current plans. You model looks like a hybrid of the Brachnacki and Newbery props, which is a unique mix in itself. The sign boxes and top roof tier are very Newbery, whereas the rest of the box is original TARDIS in look. tardisboard.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=faqplans&action=display&thread=1339&page=1 Bill Rudloff
Post by sanguinewolf on Nov 26, 2009 13:02:26 GMT 1
i do apologise for my tardyness in replying to your comments, but my email checker didnt tell me i had replies..
i created and rendered this model entirely within 3ds max 2010 using mental ray renderer for the shaders, i havent finished texturing but have some placeholder textures on so i get a feel for how its working out, and moved it to a basic studio setup for lighting.. as the daylight system seems to make the colours a lot lighter than they are.. im still a novice at 3ds max and mental ray so im learning how to combat this..
i have been playing with 3d progs for a number of years but only now putting any serious work or time into anything..
as for the build, those were (or the previous update i think it might have been) that was i was following, for the design of my tardis, i had to take a few liberties with some parts as the measurements werent included on the plans on any version that i could see, like depth of insets on the doors, how far back the doors are from the outside edge of the base, or hight of the lamp (which i have since found and need to redo the light) i used photos of scale models of the brachacki model prerefit, and various screencaps from here and other places, as well as original police box refernce photos (where i could find good sized ones) the model was created without the use of the blueprints in max as a template, i used the measurements and a zero'd fixed point to created each object , so that replication and rotation would create symmetry.. i still have some tidying up to do on the various surfaces and parts..
im still confused as to the colour of the very first clean version i take it from references that it was spot on the boxes of the time so a like the box at National Tramway Museum , Crich, Derbyshire. before its repair.
ok here are a couple of updates..
rendered today, while i was descovering the new comments.
this last one was rendered a few days ago, it has a dark blue colour and i was just playing with adding a light into the lamp and some fill light in a blue hue.. because the texturing wasnt going how i wanted it and rather than give up on it alltogether i deciced to try and create a mood to give me a bit of insentive.. to carry on..
If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0