Thanks for the comments. Hopefully I"ll have a clear version in a week or two. I have everything I need just have to set aside time and work space.
As for the tracer holes I gave it a lot of thought back when I started working on it and decided it would add a level of dificulty to the project I was not interested in persueing. And as more of a decoration/art/puzzle item I think it looks better without them.
Now if I had actualy planed on makeing a tracer as well (which I will leave to others) then mayhaps I would have. Once I finish I'll have a much better idea of what it will take to add the tracer holes if I were to do another.
At the moment I don't realy have any idea how the originial was made. I am assumeing wooded masters instead of my foam ones. And if that is the case I don't know how you'd get the holes in their to properly allign without adding them after fact. If you get a good final batch of pieces and rig them into a box jig to keep them tightly in the final cube I think you could drill the holes acurately and take it back apart. Adding them at the mold stage is ... problumatic from my current stand point.
Well, I did my clear version today. It took a lot less matieral than I had thought so I only used 1 out of 3 cans that I picked up for the project, woo hoo. I however used a bit too much catalyst so it cured faster than I would have liked. There are some tiny bubbles in side and when I did the last layer to make up for a little slump that happens when it cures. The final layer crept down the gap that had formed from the cured resin pulling away from the mold. It will probly take some extra sanding. Since I have enough material to make 2 more I may give it another shot and use less catalyst. Not sure yet.
Well enough of the technical stuff, here are the pics.
Still have a long way to go, not sure it'll ever look as crisp and clean as the original but eh, atleast I finaly found a project I do on my own start to finish.